Gladstone Seafarers Centre
Over 12,000 seafarers visit our Gladstone Centre every year.
- Transport to and from ships. Our buses make over 8,000 trips around the port each year, travelling some 86,000 km and carry over 12,000 seafarers to and from their ships.
- Free WiFi for Seafarers and Volunteers
- Transport to local shops or shopping at our on-site store.
- Recreation facilities – pool tables, table tennis, music, library, chapel, outdoor gardens and cuddles with our resident dog Captain Jack.
- Ship visits for those seafarers unable to get shore leave including church services and blessings on your ship.
- Thai van on site providing meals and snacks for visitors.
- Currency Exchange on site trading in 10 different currencies
- Free Library for books and magazines – exchange them with books already on your vessel, or just help yourself to some new reading material.
- Free clothes for seafarers – to help you acclimatise yourselves to your next port.
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits for visitors to the centre.
- Transport for seafarers to and from appointments such as doctorsa, dentist or trips to the airport for crew changes